Hello There. So most often I make sandwiches. And I like to experiment with the stuffing. I do not stick to same stuffing. And I try to include the most neglected but healthy ingredients.
Check out my other sandwich recipes – Caramelized apple cheesy sandwich, Beetroot carrot potato sandwich & potato peas sandwich
Today’s also I am posting a sandwich recipe.
Beetroot – 1 small
Carrot – 1 large
Apple – 1 large
Butter – 2 tblspn
Sugar/ Palm Sugar – 1 tblspn (Optional)
Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Peel and cut carrot and beetroot into big pieces.
- Cook them in water.
- Grate them.
- Grate apple and keep aside.
- In a pan heat butter.
- Add the grated carrot and beet and mix well.
- Add the sugar if required and cardamom powder.
- Mix well till the mix has come together. It should be thick paste like consistency.
- Take it off the stove and mix grated apple in. (I didn’t add sugar since my apple was sweet enough).
- Take a bread piece. Apply butter on one slice of bread.
- Spoon the mix on one side of the bread and spread evenly.
- Close with another buttered slice of bread.
- Toast it in a sandwich maker.
Enjoy it hot or pack it for tiffin.
Hey There. So how have you been ? When I watch food shows and they show a whole variety of sandwiches but I wonder if our taste buds would love those sandwiches with bacon, meat, different kind of cheese and veggies.
I try to include veggies in my sandwiches. So the veggies that are usually ignored I try to include them in pastas and sandwiches. Do try out this recipe and let me know if you liked it.
Bread Slices – 8
Boiled mashed potato – 1/2 cup
Cooked grated carrot – 1/2 cup
Cooked grated beetroot – 1/2 cup
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Black salt – as per taste
Grated cheese – as per taste
Butter – for greasing
- Mix mashed potato, beetroot and carrot in a bowl.
- Add cumin, pepper and salt.
- Take bread slices and spread a little butter on each slice
- Place the stuffing in between two slices.
- Add grated cheese.
- Cover with second slice of bread.
- Place it in sandwich maker and grill till nice, crispy and golden.
Serve hot with some ketchup.