Hello There. Hope you all are doing good. Today I am here with a fish recipe. I reflected on my blog and realized I don’t have many fish recipes. No particular reason for that though. In Kerala fish is staple food. I know many people who cannot have lunch and/.or dinner without fish.
If you are looking for variety combination for your fried fish then this recipe is for you. It has freshly grounded pepper along with aromatic curry leaves. Just basic ingredients and you will get a spicy and yummy fish.
Pomfret Fish – 2 (cleaned and slit for the marination)
Shallots – 4-5
Curry Leaves – 5-6 stems
Black pepper corn- 1 tblspn
Oil – for shallow frying
Salt to taste
- In a blender, blend together shallots, curry leaves, pepper corn and salt.
- Take this paste and marinate the wish.
- Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a griddle and pour some oil for shallow frying.
- Place the marinated fish and fry on both sides till crispy.
Serve with rice. The freshly grounded pepper gives the necessary heat that is perfectly complimented with fish. The fragrant curry leaves gives a nice aroma also adds to the flavor. The shallots provide the necessary moisture to the fish when fried and does not let it go dry.