Hi. If you are regular on my blog you will know my love for sandwiches. Not the regular tomato- onion sandwich but variations of sandwiches. I keep trying new combos. Today’s sandwich is one such variety sandwich. It was born out of my aim to finish the leftover apples. So off you go straight to the recipe.
Brown Bread/Multigrain Bread – 4 slices
Butter – 2-4 tblspn
Apple – 1 peeled and cubed into small pieces
Jaggery – 4-5 tblspn
Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Cheese – as needed
- In a pan add butter and let it melt on low heat.
- Add jiggery and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add apples and mix well.
- Let it cook for some time. (I didn’t cook it completely since I wanted it to be little crunchy). Let it cool down.
- Butter the slices of bread.
- Place some apple filling on the bread and spread evenly.
- Grate some cheese over it.
- Close with another piece of bread.
- Make the sandwich in sandwich maker. Don’t worry if you don’t have sandwich maker. You could use a grill pan or a tawa too.
- Once nicely brown and crispy remove and cut into pieces and serve.
Hey there. Do you love being busy ? Or do you like a normal paced routine? What happens when all of sudden your pace is increased or shall I say when you are suddenly very busy. Yes, I am running around like a headless chicken. So much in hand that unable to dig out time to blog.
Even when I cook something I am failing to click pictures. But I am not complaining. Being busy is good. Being busy means that you have work. Being busy means people appreciate your efforts. And I love putting more efforts. But these days my little one is cranky. You know how two year old’s are, right? Hence, I try not to open my laptop and sit and play with him.
Today’s post is a quick one. It is healthy and your dose of protein. Plus it has cheese so added bonus right? Did I say I do not like cheese? But if it is hidden like this then my little one and I don’t mind.
Eggs- 2 big
Onion – 1 small finely chopped
Red Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp (you can use green chilly too)
Curry Leaves – 1 stem
Grated Cheese – 2-4 tblspn (I used the regular processed cheese)
Oil – 2 tblspn + for pan frying omelette
Salt to taste
- Take a pan and add oil.
- Add chopped onions and saute till the raw smell leaves or the onions turns light golden color.
- Add curry leaves and saute.
- Add chilly powder and salt and saute well.
- Switch off the flame.
- In a bowl crack open the eggs.
- Beat them lightly.
- Add the cooked onion mixture and beat well.
- Heat the pan with oil greasing.
- Pour the egg mixture and spread.
- Put the grated cheese in or directly grate evenly over the omelette.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low flame.
- After a minute, turn to other side.
- Cover and cook for another minute.
- Remove from flame and cut as per your desired shape.
Enjoy with hot rotis or rice or even bread. Till next time take care.