Hi. So people who know me know that I am a talker. I like to talk to people to know about their culture, style, hobbies and most importantly their food. And so it happened one Saturday morning when I came to buy veggies from the veggie van that visits my building I met a neighbor friend who was buying raw bananas. While talking I came to know about this awesome recipe known as ‘podimas’. I was curious and wanted to try it.
Raw Banana – 2
Onion – 1 medium
Green Chilli – 2
Grated ginger – 1 tsp
Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
Curry leaves – 1 stem
Coconut Oil – 1 tblspn (Preferred)
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- In a pressure cooker take the Raw banana with little water and pressure cook for 1 whistle. (Yes with skin on.)
- Once the pressure has settled, peel the raw banana. Using a grated with big holes grate the banana and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add urad dal.
- Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add finely chopped onion and green chilli and saute well.
- When the onion turns translucent add curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped ginger. Mix well.
- Now add the grated banana.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Cook for another minute and then switch off the flame.
Serve with rice.