Hello There. So most often I make sandwiches. And I like to experiment with the stuffing. I do not stick to same stuffing. And I try to include the most neglected but healthy ingredients.
Today’s also I am posting a sandwich recipe.
Beetroot – 1 small
Carrot – 1 large
Apple – 1 large
Butter – 2 tblspn
Sugar/ Palm Sugar – 1 tblspn (Optional)
Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Peel and cut carrot and beetroot into big pieces.
- Cook them in water.
- Grate them.
- Grate apple and keep aside.
- In a pan heat butter.
- Add the grated carrot and beet and mix well.
- Add the sugar if required and cardamom powder.
- Mix well till the mix has come together. It should be thick paste like consistency.
- Take it off the stove and mix grated apple in. (I didn’t add sugar since my apple was sweet enough).
- Take a bread piece. Apply butter on one slice of bread.
- Spoon the mix on one side of the bread and spread evenly.
- Close with another buttered slice of bread.
- Toast it in a sandwich maker.
Enjoy it hot or pack it for tiffin.