So you know how it goes right? When there is nothing in fridge you run to grab some eggs.When you want something easy you grab some eggs. When you want something tried and tested you grab some eggs. When you want a spicy curry you grab an egg.
So I like to keep a handful of egg recipes handy. Egg is one of the most versatile ingredients. So why not try as many recipes as possible.
Eggs (of course) – 2-3 hard boiled
Onions – 2 medium
Tomatoes – 2 medium
Poppy/khus-khus Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Milk – 1/4 cup (optional)
Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – a pinch
Oil – 2 tblspn
Salt to taste
- Hard boil eggs and keep aside.
- In a blender take chopped onion, tomatoes, ginger, poppy, cinnamon, fennel and blend well. It should form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the paste and saute well. Saute till the paste starts leaving oil from the sides. It will take time. Roast it on low flame.
- Once the paste starts leaving oil from the sides add coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water and let it come to boil.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Once nicely boiled (around 5 minutes) take it off the flame and add boiled eggs and garnish with kasuri methi.
Serve with phulkas or rice.