Hey There. So I am in a hurry. Things are moving very fast. And lots of things to do. Some old friends moved on to a new journey. Some tasks remain the same. I got a shoulder sprain and am suffering from two days. So not typing too much and jumping directly onto today’s recipe.
I guess 99% of people do not like beetroot. Except maybe for salads. But it is considered as the healthiest veggie available. So I try to use it in such a way that it is easily consumed.
Hence this recipe. Do try and let me know if you liked it.
Chopped cooked Beetroot – 1 cup
Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Green chilly – 2
Tamarind paste – 1 tblspn
Mustard – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 stem
Asafoetida powder – a pinch
Oil – 1 tblspn
Salt to taste
- In a blender add beetroot, coconut, ginger, green chilly, tamarind paste and blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add asafoetida and mix well.
- Add curry leaves and mix well.
- Add the blended mix into the pan.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Keep stirring and heat it up to boiling point but do not boil.
- Remove from stove and serve with idli.
NOTE: The beetroot has it strong flavor. If you do not like the flavor then start by adding lesser amount of beetroot and more coconut. Once you take a liking to this chutney increase the amount.
Have a nice day. See you soon.