Hello. How are you today? So I have been experimenting with food a lot. I am making an attempt to try new things and learn new things. That also means I am enjoying cooking. How about you? Are you learning new things? Now that the kids have holidays here are you trying out new recipes? Do try new things that interests you.
Today’s recipe is an interesting one. Most of us dread away from carrots. But I make sure to buy and use them in my day to day cooking. Hence, this recipe. You will find many variations of this recipe on the internet. Mine is a simple recipe. Do try it for your tiffin box.
Grated carrot – 3/4 cup
Cooked Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Peanuts – 1 tblspn
Dry Red Chilly – 1
Onion – 1 small finely chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Sugar – ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tblspn
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves – Optional
- Heat 1 tblspn oil.
- Saute peanuts and red chilly for a minute.
- Let it cool down.
- Blend it coarsely.
- Heat another tblspn oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add onion and saute till translucent.
- Add grated carrots and cook slightly on low flame.
- Add few drops of water and close and cook. (you can skip this option if you want raw carrots).
- Once carrots are cooked add the blended peanut masala and mix well.
- Add cooked rice, turmeric, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.