Hey There. A real quick post today. Rain is playing hide and seek. So whenever it rains make this quickie snack if you are at home. Well I made this snack for my little one’s lunch and since we were on team outing I took it for my friends too. Use your leftover bread for this snack.
Sweet Bread – 4-5 slices
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Besan/ Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
Ajwai/ Carom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Salt to taste
- Take out the bread slices and cut into equal squares. I cut out and discarded the edges too but that optional.
- Take rice flour, gram flour, ajwai, chilly powder, turmeric powder, soda and salt and mix well. Add little water to make a thick paste. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Dip the bread slices in batter. Drop them in hot oil and fry till it is nice golden brown and crisp.
- Discard the small batter pieces that might fallen in the oil or it will burn and leave a bad flavor in oil.
- Serve with ketchup.