Hello Readers. How are you? Are you eating well? And most of all are you enjoying cooking now a days? Well I am. I am glad to share tried and tested recipes here and when I hear from you that it was successful it boosts my confidence to try more. Today’s recipe is super quick, super moist and super delicious banana chocolate cake.
I know you would rather like to jump directly to the recipe but I would anyways narrate the story behind me making this cake. So after this tiresome day in office while I was travelling home I realized that there is no snack left in house to pack it in my son’s tiffin box the next day. That’s when I started planning and searching, when I thought why not make cup cakes that I have been yearning to try from so long now. Hence I decided to try this recipe.
As I mentioned in my banana pancakes post that I had got lots of bananas from home. Thankfully I have wasted none. Some I shared and some I used in dishes like this one.
I got this cake to my office and everyone just loved it. So do try it out. It won’t take much of your time and the end result will be finger licking good. Ohh I forgot to tell. Those who are non-bakers and have not baked in oven this recipe is just for you. This cake is baked in pressure cooker in ten minutes.
I hope the below picture gives you an idea of how fluffy and soft the cake was.
Bananas – 3 ripe ( I used palan thoda)
Oil – 1/2 cup (I used Olive oil)
Eggs – 2 small
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cocoa Powder – 3 tblspn
Flour/ Maida – 225 gms
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Take a bowl. In that bowl sieve flour, maida and baking soda.
- In another bowl beat eggs lightly.
- Add oil to it and mix properly.
- In a blender add chopped bananas and blend till smooth. (Optional : if you want chunky bits in cake then you can just mash the bananas with fork)
- Add the banana mixture in the flour mixture.
- Add the egg + oil mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add sugar and start folding with a spatula.
- Fold properly till there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
- Place a small stand in pressure cooker and pre-heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 5 minutes without lid.
- Grease a cake tin properly with butter.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan. Pour only till 3/4 of the pan.
- Holding the pan with both hands, lightly tap the pan on the counter top to release any air bubbles in the batter.
- Now carefully place the pan on the stand in the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid. DO NOT use gasket (black ring) or the whistle.
- Bake on high flame for a minute.
- Then lower the flame to medium low and bake for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and insert a knife, spoon or toothpick to check if the cake is done.
- Decorate as you like.
I had also made these cute cup cakes for my son’s tiffin. Do try and let me know if you liked this recipe.