You may be wondering why am I posting such a simple and very popular recipe. Well there are many types of scrambled eggs prepared across the world and this is the way how my mom and I prepare it.
I would also take this opportunity to thank one of my closest friends in office who has supported and cheered me to start this blog. She saw the fire in me for my passion and helped it glow further. Karthika if you are reading this, I am very grateful to you dear friend to encourage me and support me in every way possible. Karthika is a sweet person who whenever she goes out shopping and sees props that I may like or I can use for my photographs she calls me and purchases them for me.
The pan that you see in this pic is bought by her. That’s why you got these lovely pictures. Anyways coming back to today’s recipe, this dish is prepared whenever we are running out of vegetables. It is a delicious recipe to have with roti or even rice. You can have it for breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
The special ingredient in this dish is fennel seeds (perunjeerakam). In Indian restaurants or parties fennel seeds are served since it aids in digestion and cools the stomach. Adding this spice in this dish not only gives it distinct taste with its little sweetness but also helps in digesting the egg.
Eggs – 3
Onion – 1 medium
Ripe Tomatoes – 2 big
Chilly Powder – 1/2 tblspn
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 or 2 stems
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tblspn
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Close with a lid and cook till the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric and chilly powder and saute for a minute.
- Break the eggs and start scrambling. Season with salt.
- Keep stirring at 30 seconds interval.
- Keep breaking big chunks into smaller ones.
- Cook till the eggs are cooked and the water content has disappeared.
- Add fennel seeds and mix.