Did you notice the title. I didn’t use the english translation of the title as I usually do. The reason is because idli and dosa is now world famous. Especially ghee roast, masala dosa are very popular.
My mother makes delicious, hot and crispy masala dosa. My brother and myself gets it fresh off the tawa and on to our plates. Although easy to make it can be time consuming.
Dosa Batter – 3 cups raw rice + 1 cup urad dal + 1/2 cup cooked boiled rice nicely blended
Salt water – 2 tblspn salt in 1 cup water
- Heat a dosa pan.
- Once hot, dip a brush in salt water and spread it on tawa.
- Pour one ladle of dosa batter and spread it in clockwise direction thinning it out.
- Wait for 30-40 seconds.
- Now add few drops of oil around the dosa.
- Wait another minute and you will see the dosa crisping up and browning.
- Add the masala and spread it as shown.
- Flip half of the dosa over other side.
- Serve it on a plate.