When you think paratha, a whole bunch options open up.I have been exploring so many types of paratha simply because it is easy, healthy and yummy. Growing up I just knew normal paratha, aloo (potato) paratha and gobi (cauliflower) paratha. But now there seems to be a paratha explosion where all types of parathas are made.
The best thing about paratha is it is a one dish. You need not necessarily require any side dish. Or you can have it with some curd, pickle or ketchup. Need not wait for long hours (fermentation) or has extra preparation (for side gravy ). This paratha is made from frozen green peas but if you get fresh ones then all the more better.
Frozen green peas – 1 cup
Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Dry mango Powder – 1 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Steam the green peas till they are soft.
- Take them in a pan with all the spices and mash them properly so no lumps remain.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Water – As required
Salt- As per taste
- Take salt in wheat flour and sprinkle little water.
- Rub around the flour and start kneading.
- Knead to tight dough and keep it aside closed for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll it to a small ball.
- Flatten it in your hand and add finely mashed peas stuffing.
- Bring together the sides of the dough to close the stuffing and pinch it.
- Lightly roll it into a ball between your hands.
- Start rolling out the dough in a board with the help of rolling pin.
- Heat a griddle and add the rolled paratha when hot.
- After a minute turn the paratha to cook the other side.
- Spread a teaspoon of ghee on the paratha and turn over.
- Spread a teaspoon of ghee on this side of the paratha and press the paratha for it to turn crispy.
Serve with curd or pickle or ketchup or with all. Enjoy.