This is a special recipe. When I was pregnant I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and was provided a diet chart. That required me to eat every 2-3 hours small quantities and healthy stuffs. So I started exploring my options. I could have veggies since they are healthy. But having tasty veggie snacks that can be quickly prepared was altogether a different ball game.
So one day recently when I was not well and I was super hungry I checked all my shelves for snacks. Nothing appealed to me. I didn’t wanted to indulge in anything elaborate. So I found baby corns in my fridge.
This recipe I tried with okra, brinjal and baby corn. I am sharing the baby corn version here.
Baby Corn- 4
Gram Flour/ Besan – 2 tblspn
All purpose flour/ Maida – 2 tblspn
Mixed herbs – 1 tblspn (Optional)
Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Salt – As per taste
- Make baby corn matchsticks. That is slit them lengthwise and again slit them. Then cut them in match stick length.
- Add these in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and place them in kitchen towel to remove the excess water.
- In a plate add both the flours, mixed herbs, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Now add the baby corns in this flour mixture and mix well such that the flours coat the baby corn well.
- Heat a non-stick kadai with 2 tblspn oil.
- Once hot add the baby corns and start toasting till crisp. Optionally you can also deep fry the same.
Serve hot with ketchup.