I have lots of feelings and memories attached to French toast. This post is dedicated to my dad. Both my parents were working and my father used to go and reach earlier home than mom. Evenings he used to prepare some quick snacks for us. One of the snacks used to be French toast with a glass of milk.
Dad’s are special people. They don’t express much but their love and care is unconditional. This post is to revisit those memory lanes.
This is also good for toddlers as finger foods. Since it has egg and milk it is super healthy. The bread I have used is wheat and oats bread.
Here goes the recipe with my twist,
Bread – 2 slices
Milk – 1 tablespoon
Egg – 1 beaten
Sugar – to taste
Cinnamon Powder – a pinch
Butter /ghee – To toast
Powdered sugar – to sift on toast (optional)
- Beat eggs in a bowl with milk, sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat a griddle/tawa and when hot melt some butter.
- Take bread slices and dip it once in the egg batter.
- Place it on the griddle/tawa.
- Once the bottom is slightly browned turn it other side.
- When both sides are browned transfer it to a plate.
- Sift powdered sugar over it. (optional)
You can serve it with warm milk, honey, syrup, fresh fruits, etc. Or you can have as it is.